1. Have a baby– DONE- 1/20/16
2. Camp in all of the Wisconsin State Parks with camping facilities- My husband and I have a decent start on this and since we adopted a 1973 Stardust Swinger pop-up camper last summer we might make camping more of a priority this year. Update to come later.
3. Go Scuba Diving
4. Create a blog– A couple of years ago I took a class called “The Art of the Memoir” in which we read & reflected on memoirs. As part of the class we were also required to write a memoir piece. I was dreading having to read what 20 years old consider important events in their lives but for the most part they surprised me. It is incredibly hard for most people to open up and let themselves be vulnerable to people they barely know. Since then I have often thought of doing more memoir pieces but have not had an outlet…until now!
5. Go on a cruise
6. Tour a southern plantation DONE Toured Belle Meade Planation in Nashville, TN on March 29th, 2015.
7. Take a hot air balloon ride
8. Travel to Italy
9. Drink wine in Napa Valley
10. Have a big yard for my kid and dogs to play in
11. See the Northern Lights
12. Take yoga classes
13. Eat at a famous restaurant- Perhaps one of Tom Colicchio’s?
14. Take a helicopter ride
15. See a psychic/get my palm read
16. Swim with dolphins
17. Go whale watching
18. Buy a piece of art I fell in love with
19. Learn to drive a stick shift
20. Buy a house
21. Swim in an ocean
22. Create family traditions
23. See a baseball game at Fenway Park- I’m not even a Red Socks fan but it’s so iconic
24. Go to Disney World
25. Admire the art in the Met
26. Tour a castle
27. Spend a day at a spa
28. Go to Rocky Mountain National Park
29. See the Smoky Mountains
30. Own a
Bernese mountain dog Corgi DONE- Read about Nora here
Visit the Georgia Aquarium– DONE- Visited on March 30, 2015 32. See the Pandas at the Memphis Zoo DONE- Read about the Memphis Zoo
33. Learn another language
34. Be an audience member on a t.v. show
35. Travel to New Orleans
36. Pay off my student loans UPDATE! I’m about 3 years into my payments how and the balance is slowly but surely going down.
37. Ride in a limo
38. Take a graduate level course
39. Try acupuncture
40. Read or reread 50 books between now and my 40th birthday- Reading is a hobby I have enjoyed since a child but rarely make the time for anymore and that needs to change. UPDATE: My 2015 New Year’s resolution of reading one book a month only lasted 3 months as I was so fatigued during my pregnancy. 2016 was the year of the baby, I don’t know if I finished a single novel, although I read about 3,000 children’s books it seems. I got a Kindle Fire for Christmas this year am already on my 4th book in 2017.
Eliminate credit card debt DONE! We paid off our last credit card in February 2015 and are committing to charging no more than we can pay off each month.
43. Pay off my car – Getting so freaking close! April 2017!
44. Get promoted at my job UPDATE: In November 2014, I transferred to a new department at my company’s corporate headquarters. While not technically a promotion it is a job I enjoy and has given me a better work/life balance with better hours and no weekends!
See the Pandas at Zoo Atlanta DONE! Visted Zoo Atlanta on March 31, 2015 and the baby panda twins were amazingly cute!
46. Own my own business
47. Learn mediation
48. Go to Hawaii (most likely for our 5th anniversary)
49. Visit a volcano
50. Take a train trip
51. Learn how to use my DSLR camera
52. Visit all 50 States
53. Tour the White House
54. Make a scrapbook
55. Pay off our mortgage
56. See the art in the Louvre
57. Ride a mechanical bull
58. Have a romantic picnic
59. Live in a house by a lake
60. Drink an expensive bottle of champagne like Dom Perignon or Cristal
Visit at least one distillery on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail DONE! We toured and tasted at Buffalo Trace Distillery on April 1, 2015
62. Volunteer at an animal shelter
63. Eat at Medieval Times
64. Cut down our own Christmas Tree – DONE! We cut down our first family Christmas tree on November 27, 2016.
65. Deep-sea fishing
66. Prepare a will
67. See a Stanley Cup Playoff Game
68. Drink beer in Germany/tour a German brewery
69. Take a Christmas vacation just the two of us!
70. Own a boat
71. Own a camper younger than me
72. Take an Alaskan Cruise
73. Become a foster mom
74. Adopt a child