I have to be honest and say I’m not really a resolution person. For the most part I’m pretty happy with myself and don’t wish to change much. Obviously losing some weight might be in my best interest but it holds the same importance on New Years Day as it does the rest of the year.
I do, however, enjoy reflecting on my year so here is the good, the bad and the ugly of my 2017.
1. January 20, 2017 was slightly marred by the inauguration of President Trump but mostly it was a joyous occasion as it was my son’s first birthday. We enjoyed celebrating with our whole family and he had a “Wild One” themed party.
2. My birthday was in February and my husband and son picked me up from work that day and took me out for dinner at my favorite local Italian restaurant. It was so sweet!
3. Early in the year we started to look for a new house to buy. We put in 3 offers for 3 houses and didn’t get any of them even the one where we offered $8,000 more than the asking price.
4. My husband’s place of employment laid off a lot of workers which caused us to put our house hunting on hold and my husband to start looking for a new job as he was becoming increasingly unhappy at his job.
5. I applied for a promotion and didn’t get it at my job. The frustration of working for 3 years in a role that didn’t challenge me made me discouraged.
6. In June my husband was offered a new job 1,000 miles away in North Carolina so we put our house on the market and moved to North Carolina at the end of July. We were lucky it was a sellers market and sold our home in less than a week for over asking. Sometimes it’s hard to understand why things don’t work out the way you want them to at the time but this convinced me things happen for a reason. If we would have bought a new home in our old city we wouldn’t have been able to move for this new opportunity.
7. I don’t think I’ve ever felt so loved as I did when we moved. My parents arranged a dinner for our two families in a park and we had fun together before having to say goodbye. My parents, one of my brothers and Adam’s parents helped us packed up the truck, get the house ready and watched Teddy while we worked. I don’t think we could have done it without them! My mom drove one our of cars with me, Teddy and the dogs and Adam’s parents drove my car down while my husband drove the moving truck.
8. My husband really loves his new job and has a better attitude. I am getting used to my new “job” as a stay at home mom. I absolutely adore spending this time with my son, but to be 100% honest, working was actually a lot easier.
9. We made a beach trip to Wrightsville Beach. We had so much fun taking Teddy to the beach for the first time and will definitely do it again in 2018. I wish we would have taken more photos of the trip but the water was kind of rough because Hurricane José was churning somewhere south of us and disturbing the normally peaceful beach.
10. We started trying to conceive our second child in July. So far we’ve been unsuccessful.
So that was my year in a nutshell. I can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for my family!